Monday, April 12, 2010

Potty Training Bribes: Attempt #4

My son (God bless him) refuses to potty train. Refuses. He flat out will say "no" and ask for a diaper.
We have tried 3 different bribes. Candy. T.V., and toys. The closest we've gotten is him saying he wants to try, but then it just falls through.

 We have a new bribe, folks. Dominick picked up this nifty magazine from the movie Cars. He can collect over 200 unique "collectors stickers" of all different categories of cars. He'll get one sticker for every successful attempt on the tee-tee (toilet).

The only problem is, he still seems a bit unmotivated, so today we're watching the movie. We need him to be more enthusiastic about the whole thing, so I'm being a bit over-the-top about how cool the cars are with lots of ooh look at that one's and wow that one is so shiny!'s.

We'll see if he buys it. I already gave him one sticker to show him how it works, and he keeps asking for the book. All I do is remind him if he wants the book and a sticker to put in it, then he has to go potty on the tee-tee.

I would absolutely LOVE to have this boy out of diapers (at least during the day) by the time baby Oz is born. I didn't really want two in diapers......

Guess I should'a thought of that before I got knocked up again, eh??



1 comment: