Sunday, April 4, 2010

Exerpts from an Easter

Here are a few glimpses at what our Easter looked like today. This is why I love my family.

THEREN: Paka, your daughter is in the kitchen
PAKA: What is she doing in there?
THEREN: She's cooking breakfast, but why don't you go ask her, she's your daughter.



PAKA: Theren, you look beautiful today!!
THEREN: Oh Paka, I know.

DOMINICK: As a kid I always thought it would cool to hide all the eggs. Now that I'm an adult and I have to hide the eggs, this is really stupid.



PAKA: Hey Theren, can I have some of your eggs??
THEREN: No!
PAKA: But I'm really hungry, I could use the money.
THEREN: Too bad.



Dominick was putting together the playhouse for the kids in the back yard, and every time he would make a comment like just one more piece or I got this, don't worry (literally every single time) another piece would fall off. My parents and I were sitting watching while laughing so hard we were wheezing.

After the house was assembled (a miracle in and of itself), Dom decided to take the kids down to the lake for a little stroll. He was wearing flip-flops. There is still some snow on the ground. Watching him sink shin-deep in the snow was almost as funny as watching him build the house.


Just a glimmer of some exchanges we have on nearly a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great day. How happy we were to get to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great comments!

    Every other week... I can't even image that again. It's creeping up close though!
    Do you know what your having or keeping it a secret?
    I am following you now too!!

    Also, I just posted an amazing Giveaway that would be great 4 u!
    It's an "Anytime Gown" from Bella Materna ($98!). It's great for pregnancy, nursing even when ur not pregnant!! You should definitely enter

    ReplyDelete