Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh The Pain

I am at the final 5 weeks of my pregnancy, and I don't know how I'm going to make it to the finish line. Things are starting to get painful quickly.  My skin is so tight but it's not stretching fast enough, so what I get instead is not stretch marks is broken blood vessels. I have them all over my belly, and some of them make their way to the surface of my skin, so I have to wear bandaids. (attractive).

On top of that my sweet Oz is now so cramped that it literally feels like he's trying to claw his way out. He rolls a certain way and his knees poke out so far in my right side that it hurts like the dickens. You can actually see them. In my side. Sticking out.

My Braxton Hicks are also getting more frequent and more intense. I'm having anywhere from 4 to 8 within an hour, even at night. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a long time.

All this complaining, I know. "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing". It is, and I love it, no matter how much I complain. After every child I've wanted another, I do truly enjoy being pregnant, but anyone who's been here knows: The last month is always the most difficult.

I am so looking forward to being able to have normal mobility again....and not have to pee all the time.....and roll over in bed without needing a crane for assistance.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I'm 31 weeks and just started getting more and more uncomfortable. At least the end result is so worth the discomfort!

    ReplyDelete