Sunday, April 11, 2010

Guilt for my Registry

My baby shower is one week from today, and I am really looking forward to it. Unlike with my first two, the ladies who will be coming are all ladies that I have active relationships with and I see them at least once a week, rather than seeing them once every several months. It is going to be a lot of fun, but there is one thing that is weighing on my mind:

My baby registries.

The ladies keep asking what we need for Oz, and unfortunately, the things we need most are the things that cost the most, such as a car seat, bouncer, breast pump. I did add some other things that are less pricey, but I still feel bad. I don't expect anyone to fork out a bundle of buckaroos on us, even though everyone seem so excited to be a part of this, and I don't want anyone to feel that we do expect them to get the expensive items.

I almost didn't put them on the registry, but it seemed weird to have such an abbreviated list...

1 diaper bag
1 bath tub
1 nursing cover
2 pacifiers
1 baby monitor
6 body suits
6 sleepers
3 beenie caps

Dom convinced me to add the bigger items just so that people knew what it was exactly that we needed, and that "if they don't want to get it, or can't, then they won't and it's no big deal."

I know he's right, and I know that I'm over-thinking this whole thing and worrying over nothing, but that's my duty as a woman who is 6 weeks away from having a baby. I worry. And I over-think. And I eat anything you put in front of me, but that's another post for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment