Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fake-adopted Daughters

We have a fake-adopted daughter. Her name is Jessie Oliver. She is 20 years old and goes to Ozark Christian College in Joplin, MO. We met her when we moved out here last year, and right away she became like a member of our family. She has been through a lot in her life, and even though she has an active relationship with her parents, we became the family she turns to when she feels she can't share something with them. She is a fairly new Christian, and is so eager to learn. We love her dearly.

Anyways, she comes home in about 3 weeks, and we can't wait. We're really hoping that Oz waits to arrive until she gets here.

I'm telling you all this simply because I'm getting more and more anxious for her to get here. I miss her very much, she always puts a smile on my face, and my love for her truly is that like a mother has for her daughter. (even though she's only 5 years younger than me, Dom is old enough to be her dad, so we joke that she is my Step-daughter)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment