Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Roasted Chicken Recipe

Ok, I love to cook, and when I come across great recipes, I love to share them.I don't share all of them, because one day we will be opening our own family restaurant, and we want to save some surprises!! lol. This one I will share though, because it's so simple and so good!!


Lemon Garlic & Rosemary Roasted Chicken

Start of by mixing a stick of soft butter with fresh rosemary that has been rubbed down or finely chopped, and letting that sit out for about a day so that the rosemary saturates and flavors the butter. mmmmm.

You'll need to choose a large enough whole roasting chicken to feed the number of people in your family.
Clean the chicken thoroughly inside and out, then dry the outside completely. A dry chicken ensures a nice crisp skin. You'll need the following ingredients:

2 whole lemons
1 onion
1 head of garlic
fresh rosemary
salt
pepper

Ok, take one of the lemons and cut it in half then stuff it (rind and all) into the chicken. Cut the garlic into quarters and put two of them into the chicken (no need to peel or chop) along with a sprig or two of rosemary and about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. I never measure salt and pepper, I always just go by gut feeling. You MAY roughly chop 1/2 of the onion and put that into the chicken as well, or you can put all of it in the pan around the chicken while it roasts, it's up to you.

Next take the rosemary butter and gently rub it under the skin of the chicken. Tress and roast for the appropriate time according to weight. when it's finished you can the the second lemon and squeeze the juice over the skin.

This is seriously so simple, and the flavor that results is impressive. The chicken is so moist and so rich!! We love it, we serve it with mashed potatoes mixed with cream cheese and usually green beans or string beans. My kids devour it!!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this sounds soooo yummy. I'm going to try it =)
    If i love it as much as I think I'm going to, I'll post it up on my blog and link to urs!

    ReplyDelete