Monday, May 10, 2010

Kindergarten: Who wants it More??

Today was the registration and orientation for Theren's kindergarten. I can't believe she's already going into kindergarten!! Holy green beans, man, time has passed rather unconsciously.

We met all of the teachers, talked about the daily schedule, what they will need, backpacks, food, buses, all the good stuff.

We are still debating over lunches, if we're going to have her eat there every day, or just twice to three times a week and pack a lunch the rest of the time. Luckily our school system has a very decent menu as far as nutrition goes. Always a fresh or steamed veggie and always a fresh fruit.

I am a little nervous about the whole bus situation, though. I was homeschooled, so I never took a bus, neither did my husband or either of my parents. Buses are completely foreign to me, and the thought of my baby girl going to school without me or another adult by her side the entire time is not sitting well in my gut, but I know it's totally normal and healthy for a 5-year-old to take the bus to school.

After going over what they will be doing, and how they will be doing it, though, I'm totally excited for Tay! I can't wait to see how she develops and learns the essentials. I may actually be just as excited as she is!!

The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is packing a backpack during winter seasons. making sure she has enough room for extra socks, regular shoes/snow boots and such is a pain in the keester. Oh well, welcome to living in the mountains, right?

Over all I know it will be fine, and she will have so much fun, as long as we can get her to stop picking fights with the boys.....that's another story for another time.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment