Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lemon Parmesan Tilapia

This is what we're having for dinner tonight. I personally am not a huge fish fan, even salmon can be a bit overwhelming for me, but the one fish I genuinely enjoy is Tilapia. It has an extremely mild flavor, which means you can do quite a bit with it as far as seasonings and other flavors for cooking go. It also cooks super fast, so it's become my sort of go-to meal choice.

So here is the recipe. It's another super-easy one, for all you "I'm cooking but I probably shouldn't be" cooks out there. (Don't be ashamed, I too was once among you) I apologize for not having exact measurements, I'm married to an Italian, they don't measure anything, and if they catch you measuring something, you're likely to get a "pshaw"....so I've learned to cook by feel, smell, and taste.

Lemon Parmesan Tilapia fillets.

 What You'll Need
Tilapia fillets- as many as it takes to feed the number of people you want to feed!!
Butter- 2 or 3 teaspoons, depending on how many fillets you have
Lemon Juice- A couple of good squirts, about 4 teaspoons.
Parmesan cheese- about 1/2 of a cup
Mayonnaise- about 1 cup.

What To Do
Rinse your fishies in cold water and drain them off thoroughly, them place them in a baking dish with the butter and half of the lemon juice. Broil them for about 6 minutes, until they are opaque and flake easily with a fork.

While they are broiling mix together the mayo, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. When the fishies are done, top them with this sauce and place them back into the broiler. Keep an eye on them, they'll only need a couple of minutes, for the sauce to bubble and brown up a bit.

You can serve them on a bed of angel-hair pasta and grilled asparagus, or by themselves with a veggie of your choice. Or however you want!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment