Friday, May 21, 2010

3rd Question : How I Met My Husband

The next question I received was how I met my husband. It's a rather uneventful story, really, but I'll do my best to make it interesting!! LOL. (Just kidding babe)

I was barely 18 in my second year of college, and every Monday and Wednesday morning at (*yelp*) 8:00 I had dance class. Jazz to be exact. It was actually the only class that year that I only missed a few days of because I was sick. Anyways. After class I would go outside to the back of the Performing Arts building to have a cigarette with my best buddy C.J. (Go figure, a dance class then a smoke....getting an idea of how bright I was?)

Every morning we would sit and smoke and talk and laugh, and this guy would leave the building and walk to his car. He carried a briefcase and always said "hey" to C.J., but never stopped, just kept going. Like clockwork. The first several weeks I didn't think anything of him, I thought he was one of the professors because he was clearly old enough to be one (sorry again, babe) and carried that briefcase, so what else would I think??

As the weeks passed I payed closer attention to him as he made his way to his beat up poop-brown '76 Datsun 280Z. I don't know why but I was attracted to him. I never asked C.J. about him, I just watched, and it got to the point where I was anticipating his departure (as backwards as that sounds).

Then one morning, for reasons I still don't know, instead of passing us by with a "hey", he came over and sat down to smoke with us!! I was all smitten (but in my coolness he couldn't tell, for sure). I found out that he was actually a student, not a professor, and his name. We chit-chatted for a while, the three of us, then he was off.

The next afternoon I was getting out of class when i got a text message from a number I did not recognize. It read "what are you doing right now?" I had no clue who it came from so I asked who it was, he said Dominick, I asked how he got my number, he said C.J.. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be mad at C.J. for giving my number away without asking, or hug him until he passed out for giving it to Dom!

I'm just going to take this moment to let you know how much fun it is to look back on these memories and experience them again in my head. I can see the parking lot, the PA building behind it, his piece-of-crap car sitting next to mine in the lot with only a few other cars scattered around because it was an off-hour. I even get some butterflies as I remember walking out seeing him leaning up against the hood of my car!!  Come to think of it.......how did he know that was my car?? He must have asked C.J. that as well, because to my knowledge he never saw me get into it......hmmmmm.....I'll have to ask him about that. hahaha

Okay, back to the story.

I got the text, didn't know whether to kill or kiss C.J., then answered the text. He told me he was in the back lot of the PA building, so I went......it helped that that's where I had parked, too. He was there, parked next to me, leaning on my car, and he asked if I would like to join him for lunch. Carl's Jr.  Classy.

Yup. Our first date was at Carl's Jr. You're jealous. You know you are. It's okay.

From there we saw each other every day and well......here we are!!

Like I said, nothing too exciting or romantic, but it's our story. I hope you enjoyed it!!

If you have any other questions, be sure to check out my list of facts and comment with your question!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love hearing stories about how couples meet.

    ReplyDelete