Friday, May 28, 2010

Icy-Pops & Primrose Oil

I'm posting about two separate topic in this post, because I think it's a bit much to have several posts on one blog to read. I say put everything into one, roll it up with some rice and some dried seaweed, and mow down. (Can you tell I've been wanting sushi lately??)

The time has come for us to try yet another bribe for my son to use the toilet. He's a rather stubborn fellow, you know. We've tried candy, toys, television, sticker books...you name it and still he refuses to give it a shot. Well, I have a new technique. Icy-Pops. They are the Wal*Mart version of Otter Pops and they are so much better. They are bigger, and they have far more flavors, including coconut (Vin's fav.) mango, and banana. From the moment he wakes up in the morning  to right after dinner, he is asking for an Icy-Pop. (before you gasp with disapproval, he only ever gets one after dinner >IF< he eats all of his veggies)

So starting today, every time he asks for one, I'm going to tell him that the only way he'll get one is if he goes pee-pee or pooh in the "tee tee". On top of that, I'm going to give Tay some for every time SHE goes to the bathroom so that he sees how it works.
Since these things are so big, though, I'm going to end up cutting them into thirds. If Vin catches on, he'd end up going into a diabetic sugar coma by the end of the day if I gave him a whole one for each time he went to the bathroom!!

Subject #2 on today's blogging agenda: I only have 1 more week to have this baby. Well, technically it's 7 days, but I'm saying 6 days because next Thursday is when we'll be getting everything ready and going to bed early. We're expected at the hospital at 7 am on Friday to start the induction. I'm still trying to figure out how that is going to work with the kids. I'm think that we'll have my mom stay home to get them breakfast and ready for the day (so my dad doesn't feel over-whelmed) then she can drive out to the hospital later in the morning. We'll be leaving our house around 6 I think, to stop and get Dom a caffeine drink and take our time because you know we're both going to be jumping out of our skin with excitement.

My doctor explained that what will happen is when I get there they will administer a form of Cervadil to soften and begin dilating my cervix. They are hoping that that medicine alone will jump start some contractions and get things started, if not then they'll agree to using a slow-drip of Pitocin, which is what I've used for my previous two.  Two days ago I started a regimen of Evening Primrose oil, which is what Midwives give their ladies to start softening and dilating the cervix a couple of weeks before labor. I take that every day, so I'm hoping that by next Friday the Cervadil won't be needed because I've heard it's oober uncomfortable. I don't know, I've never had it before.

I think I've pretty much given up hope that this baby boy is going to come any earlier than the 4th, so I'm doing my best to stay calm and just mentally prepare for when he DOES show up. Quite honestly I don't even know what I would do if my water broke naturally. I'd like to think that I would stay calm and just say "ok, it's time, let's go to the hospital." but I think the better part of me would start freaking out and forget things like how to spell my name and what direction the garage door is in. It would be kind of neat to experience my body do something on it's own though, since my previous two kids were inductions as well.

Oh well, only God knows what will happen, and in either case, it's only one more week. Surely I can be patient that long, can't I???





Pregnancy-Countdowns


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment