Friday, August 27, 2010

Kindergarten Accomplished...Bus Accomplished

Yesterday was Tay's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited when she woke up even though it was only 6:30. The night before I helped her pack her backpack and put together her lunch and she laid out her clothes for the morning, so there was very little to do once she was dressed. I planned it that way so that I could take plenty of pictures but that didn't end up working out. After feeding the baby and getting the chiddles cereal, I was scrambling for time. {as usual}

Once we got to the school Tay put her backpack on her class line and stood next to me. I was surprised that she became so apprehensive. Thank goodness her teacher Mrs. Graham came over and gave her hug, then urged us to say our goodbyes. I could tell Tay still wasn't sure what to think, but she still grabbed Beth's hand and followed her out to the play yard. I was so proud of her!!

As I drove by on my way home, I saw her playing with another little girl and that's when i lost it. I was so proud to have kept my eyes dry while there with her, but once in my car, the water works came full forced.

I just can't believe how far she's come since she was that roly-poly baby that laughed like a billy goat.

She fell asleep on the way home, and when asked how it was, she said it was boring!! I imagine she'll change her mind when it's not just getting to know everyone and everything.

Today was her first time riding on a bus. Last night when we were talking about it I asked her if she would like for me to follow behind in the car and meet her at school, but she said "it's okay, mommy, I can handle it." So this morning {after a battle just to get her out of bed} she got so excited she couldn't sit still. We drove down the to bottom of the mountain and when the buses drove up, she squealed and flew out of the car, forgetting her backpack! She was totally fine until we got to the steps of the bus and she asked me "are you sure you don't want to follow me, mommy?"

I reassured her that she would be fine, and she was! Her friend Faith showed up and by the time the buses drove off, she didn't even wave goodbye because she was having fun with some other girls. {deep down I was sobbing inside}

It's going to be a long day today, waking up at 6 am and not getting home until 4 pm, but hopefully that means she'll go to bed at a decent time. Even though she "goes" to bed at 8, she usually doesn't fall asleep until 10-ish. I figure after a week or two of the 6-4 schedule her body will be crying for more rest. We'll see.

For now, I just fill up my days by cleaning {nearly nonstop, which is scary if you know me} and playing with Vin. Not bad, I suppose, but it's gonna take a while to get used to Tay not being here.

her super-cool backpack
playing with Oz before we go
the whole ensemble
with Mrs. Graham

at her class line

No comments:

Post a Comment