Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guest Blogger!

Hey everyone! Today is our first guest blogger! Please welcome Jennifer from "Family of Seven"
She is an absolutely amazing mom who homeschools her kids and I love keeping up on her blog! Be sure to check it out after you read today's post!

Family of Seven

1. What are you loving about life right now?
I love that I'm able to stay home with my family, and still work...I'm loving that I have such great children and that my family is so close...I love that I have a sweet, loving and caring man who loves me...

2. Who is your biggest idol or role model?
For me, this is a really hard question to answer. I'm not sure that I really have any idol or role model. My goal in life is to be the best person that I can, and always work hard to improve myself and my life.

3. Where was your favorite vacation spot?
So far, a little campground on Lake Corpus Christie...my first trip there was quite...memorable, shall we say? LOL But it is beautiful there, and we are looking forward to going back.

4. Are you a parent, and if yes, what is the greatest thing about it?
Yes; I have 5 children. Hmmmm...I'm not sure I'm able to pick out one thing that is greater than the rest about being a mom...one thing I absolutely love about being a mom is the pride I feel when I look at them. Another is the joy I feel, watching them learn and explore the world around them.

5. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
Matthew McConaughey, hands down...he just has that cute and sexy personality in every character I've seen him play.

6. What is currently playing on your iPod or in your CD player?
Actually, nothing...I am bowling on the wii with my husband (I'm losing in case you're wondering LOL).

7. What kind of books do you like to read?
I like a wide variety, and will usually try to read just about anything...I love Danielle Steele and Nora Roberts. I love historical romances, suspense novels (whether they have romance in them or not).

8. What is your favorite adult beverage?
Are we talking alcohol? I don't drink very often...but I love fruity margaritas and anything that is "milky". I had some kind of chocolate martini type of drink at The Melting Pot one time that was absolutely DELICIOUS!!

9. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Oddly enough, I always wanted to be a teacher...I read all of my books, make up questions on the books, then line up all of my stuffed animals so they could "take" the tests. I would then answer all of the questions I had passed out to them...now, all grown up, I'm homeschooling my own kids, so in a way, I did what I wanted!

10. What is your biggest phobia?
Spiders...and heights...losing another child...you name it, I'm scared of it. The older I get, the more freaked out over EVERYTHING I get...it's really annoying.

11. What was your first job?
Besides babysitting? My first job was at McDonald's. I did it all, from drive-thru service, to counter service to the grill area...greasiest job I ever had!

12. What is your biggest dream?
I would have to say that my biggest dream is to be independently wealthy...and if that doesn't work out, I want to have enough income where I can put all of my kids in whatever activities they want to take part in. I also want to take my entire family on a cruise...but, because of the size of our family, we actually need at least one more adult to go with us. Go figure!

13. What inspires you?
As cliched as this sounds, my kids are my inspiration. To quote Bryan Adams, Everything I do I do for them. I want to give them everything they deserve and more. I want to prepare them (as do most moms, I'm sure) for a successful future.

14. If you could give my readers one piece of advice in life, what would it be?
One piece of advice...hmmmm...I reckon I would have to say dream big, and go after your dreams. No one else in this world is going to give you a free pass, so if there's something you want, find the road and take it!

If you would like to be a guest blogger, then post your email in a comment and I'll send you a message!!



No comments:

Post a Comment