Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Guest blogger!

Today's guest blogger is my friend Alysha from The Tarr Pit. I have never met her in person, but I knew her husband way back in the day, and she has always been super helpful to me. I call her my blogging guru. She is an amazing mom, a woman of God, and downright one of the sweetest people I've crossed paths with. Be sure to check out her blog after reading more about her here. It'll be worth the click, I promise!!

1. What are you loving about life right now?

I am loving the fact that the Lord has blessed us with another child! Besides the fact that im tired 24-7 chasing a toddler around and growing this life inside me, i couldnt be more thrilled for baby #2 to get here in March.

2. Who is your biggest idol or role model?

God. He is everything to me and everything i strive to be. :)

3. Where was your favorite vacation spot?

Big Bear Lake. That is where we went on our honeymoon and i would love to take the kids there someday. Just so much to do on the lake, the mountains, the water park and the hiking!! Options are endless :)

4. Are you a parent, and if yes, what is the greatest thing about it?

The best thing about being a parent is that no matter how hard the day, no matter how many poopy diapers or hair pulling screams, in the end, they love you unconditionally, and really, there is no love like a love between a mother and child. :)

5. Who is your favorite actor or actress?

Easy, Gerard butler... i mean come on?? ;) And Jennifer Aniston. I am a die hard Friends fan. haha

6. What is currently playing on your iPod or in your CD player?

wow nothing. I am just not a music person. I listen to country in the car if i can but its usually just kids tunes for Dawson.

7. What kind of books do you like to read?

I try to read the Bible daily and other than that I really dont have a lot of time to read. haha

8. What is your favorite adult beverage?
The best "adult drink" i have ever had was a "Tropical Paradise" down in Mexico. I still have no idea what was in it. But other than that, a tall glass of Sparkling wine with the hubs always helps me unwind.... when im not pregnant haha

9. What did you want to be when you were a kid?

I have always wanted to be a teacher. And technically I am, whenever I am done being a stay at home mom... which hopefully wont be for many many many years :)

10. What is your biggest phobia?

Spiders and going underwater. Weird I know but i dont even put my face under the water in the shower. I just hate the feeling of not being able to breathe.

11. What was your first job?

I was a bus girl at a small italian restaurant. The boss was a jerk and I ended up quitting after two months. Then my second job i was a cart girl and grocery bagger. LOVED that job for the next 3 years.

12. What is your biggest dream?

To be the best child of God, wife and mother that I can be. Other than that, everything else will just fall into place.

13. What inspires you?

A day outside in God's creation. Inspires me to love, to dream, to soak up everything that this world is.

14. If you could give my readers one piece of advice in life, what would it be?

Dont let blogging consume you. Do it for yourself. Dont do it to be "big" or to make money. Do it because you love to write and you love to share your story. Doing anything but that wont be real and it wont be worthwhile. 

If you would like to be a guest blogger, even if you don't follow me or know who I am, I would be excited to have you!! Just leave your email address in a comment and I'll send you the questionnaire. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Alysha! I am so glad you had her as a guest blogger. I am stopping by from her blog. :)I am also your newest follower. :) I would love to fill out your questionnaire! :)
    nataliesmith82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent over an email just now, thanks for wanting to participate!!

    ReplyDelete