Monday, June 7, 2010

He's Finally Here!!!

I don't have a whole lot of time or energy, so this is going to be a quickie. I just wanted to let you all know that Owen Zechariah is here and healthy!!

We ended up going into the hospital Thursday night just to be sent home an hour later (surprise surprise). They gave me an Ambien to help me sleep and said see you in the morning. I went to sleep around 10 pm and woke up at 4 am in REAL labor. My contractions were stifling. I felt like I was splitting in half. We got to the hospital and hour before our scheduled induction and after a total of 5 hours in active labor, it was time to push!!

Oz decided to make it a bit more challenging for me, though, and was facing my side as he came through the birth canal, so we had to spend a little bit of time turning him, but once he was face down he came flying out. Literally I hear.

He weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces and is 20 3/4 inches long and has a full head of hair. He looks exactly like my daughter did when she was born, he's just too darn cute!!

We're home now, enjoying every bit of him and getting to know each other better. Breastfeeding is going remarkably well so far (keep your fingers crossed that it stays that way) and he's currently on a great schedule. 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night, which means I get some decent sleep at night!!

We're all very excited to finally have Oz here, and the kids both are loving to help out and give him lots of kisses. I'll post more photos later, but for now, here is our new little boy!!



post signature

2 comments: