Friday, October 1, 2010

Sleep? Me thinks not...

For the past two weeks, four out of seven members of our household have struggled with illness. Tay {who was sick a total of 13 days in her first three years} brought home a lovely cold, and since then, she, myself, my mom and my dad can't seem to get back up to 100%.

Of course, whenever one of the kids is sick, I'm up during the night to comfort and aid them as needed, and when I'm the one who's sick, I'm up all night because I'm allergic to two of the three main ingredients in cold and flu medicine.

Usually what I'll do is give Tay some cough and cold meds about an hour before she goes to bed, set up a vaporizer in her room, and put her to bed. That works fairly well, and she will go to sleep and have a decent night.

Not any more. This time I gave her the meds as per usual, but then she was throwing up in the middle of the night.....surprise!! Guess who now is allergic to cough medicine too!!!

So now I can't give her any good memmies, which means I'm up with her through the night trying to make her comfortable as she coughs and heaves a lung......Doing this night after night when you aren't feeling great yourself results in one of two things, if not both:

getting sicker
being so tired that when it comes time to wake up in the morning you resent the very thought of the sun.

I haven't gotten sicker, but I do think one of the reasons why I haven't been able to kick this bug is because I'm so stinking tired. I do resent the sun, though.

On a daily basis.

One thing I am glad for is that because I've been doing such a great job keeping my house clean {patting myself on the back} I don't have to freak out over a mess on top of it all.

All I really want to do is go back to bed and sleep for a few days. But alas, the duties of mom.ness call and thus I pry myself from between my lovely warm sheets.

Don't expect me to be rosey and lighthearted about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment