Friday, September 24, 2010

Oi Vey

I feel so amazing, these days! Last Thursday, when I came home from Bible Study, I found my mom had cleaned my entire house for me. She is the master of organization and I openly proclaim that I am the furthest cry from organizationally gifted. {have I mentioned that my mom is the bestest in the whole wide world? No? Well, she is.}

Now I have a daily check list with just a few things to do, and I make sure to do them first thing in the morning before I start any other projects, and it's been over 1 week now, but my house still looks immaculate. I rock.

If you know me at all, this is a rather amazing achievement.

I also am feeling great now that Bible Study has started back up again. The daily time in The Word and meditation has made a huge difference. I am feeling hope again for my future, and it's exciting!! I try not to think about the dreams that I cannot achieve, but rather I focus on the things I CAN achieve. I don't know what God has in store for my future, but I know that I can help to make my "right now" more tolerable by giving Him praise in my every thought and action.

Things are looking up for me for the first time in a long time, and it feels so comforting. I still struggle with letting go of my own desires, but I'm working hard on learning how to desire what GOD wants for me.

Today I have a play date with a couple of my friends, and I may even build up the courage to see if a lady friend from Bible Study would like to work out an occasional play date as well.

I'm tired of sitting back and waiting for life to change. I have to take charge of my own life as much as I am able, and make something for myself. I may not ever be able to get my medical degree, but perhaps I can find something to be passionate about that's more attainable.

Here's to the hunt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment