Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh the challenges of Motherhood

I want to open this post by stating that I love being a mom. It's amazing and wonderful, and a huge blessing. I would not give it up for anything.

That being said, sometimes being a mom makes me want to stab my eyes out. Especially with 3 kids, all at home at the same time.

For some reason it seems that on the days after I've had a near-sleepless night with Oz, Tay and Vin team up to make things so stinking difficult for me.

Yesterday was a bad day for our little Owee (Oh-ee{how Vin pronounces Owen's name}). He would not sleep, was having a horrible time nursing, and absolutely nothing seemed to settle him except laying on my chest, making chores and general house work non-existent. On this day, of all days, my two older children {God love them} decide to make a complete and absolute mess of
every.
single.
room.
of the house. No joke. There was not a room that was absent of convicting evidence, be it a piece of clothing, a soaking wet hand towel, toilet paper, food, dirt, toys. There was something everywhere.

Even outside they got into a flower box that had been tucked away and emptied the potting soil all over the upstairs patio. naturally, {just because that's what kind of day it was} when I tried to sweep it up {while holding the baby} 90% of it fell through to the bottom deck, creating even more of a mess.

By 9 O'clock last night I was fighting back tears as the big kids were screaming about having to go to bed, and Oz still wouldn't nurse but rather preferred to scream as loud as he could. {Possibly to show the other kids that he's got game??}

I'm convinced that if it weren't for a merciful GOD,{and a wonderful who husband who took things over for me when he got home} I would have lost complete control of all things.

Things are looking up for today, though. So far I've only had to yell three or four times about the kids playing on the side of the house, and poor little Owen has now been asleep for 13 hours, excluding the 15 minutes he was awake to complain about being alone while we ate our breakfast. He ate with no problems this morning as well, he was asleep the whole time, but he ate.


Maybe he'll decide that he likes sleeping from 10:30 to 7:30 and continue to do so until he goes to school......

Owen asleep in the front carrier as I do my workout on the Ellyptical

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment